Rugged Core Systems 2901 Cisco Router
The Rugged Core Systems 2901 Cisco Router has been carefully redesigned and repackaged using aluminum to reduce the chassis depth and weight.
Rugged 2901 Cisco Router
The Rugged Core Systems 2901 Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) has been carefully redesigned and repackaged using aluminum over steel to reduce the chassis depth and to lighten the overall system weight. To comply with DO-160 aircraft power requirements, Core Systems converts the AC power to a mil-circular 38999 connector for 18-36VDC. For shock and vibration compliance to withstand the harsh in-flight environment, all internal components are locked down using our precise robotic potting technique.
Key features include:
- 2 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- 4 enhanced high-speed WAN interface card slots
- 2 onboard digital signal processor (DSP) slots
- 1 onboard Internal Service Module for application services
- Fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Cisco Enhanced PoE
- Embedded hardware-accelerated VPN encryption for secure collaborative VPN communications
- Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall, Cisco IOS IPS, and Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Identity management that uses authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
- High-density-packet voice DSP module, optimized for voice and video
- Standards-certified VoiceXML browser services
- Cisco Unified Border Element capabilities
- Cisco Unity Express voicemail support
- Support for Cisco Communications Manager Express and Survivable Remote Site Telephony
The Rugged Core Systems 2901 is architected to meet the application demands of today’s branch offices with design flexibility for future applications.